29 April 2011

recipe round-up and a simple spring breakfast

Since falling in love with the food blogosphere about a year ago, I've started finding most of what I cook online. I have a shelf of lovely cookbooks, and I do refer to them often, but there's something so inspiring about seeing and reading about what other people are cooking right now. I won't often re-post another blogger's recipe, but I think you should know what I have made and loved from that big world out there, so you can make it and love it too. Here's what we've eaten in the past week or so:

Spicy Shredded Pork from The Pioneer Woman 
Super simple and tasty, made the house smell amazing and lasted for four meals.

Oat and Maple Syrup Scones from Smitten Kitchen 
Buttery, not-too-sweet and light, yet substantial.

French Onion Soup from Smitten Kitchen
The classic Julia Child recipe; time-consuming but SO worth it for the amazing flavors.

Here's what I'm obsessing over making asap:

Shrimp Pasta in a Foil Package from The Pioneer Woman

Brown Butter Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies from Joy the Baker  

Chocolate Salted Caramel Hazelnut Pie from What Katie Ate

What have you been itching to make lately?

I thought you should also know that I have an addiction. It's a breakfast addiction. A semi-healthy breakfast addiction that I have no plans of kicking anytime soon. It looks like this:



So simple: slice strawberries and toss them in a bowl with plain yogurt drizzled with honey. Add a bit of granola if you like a little crunch. Delicious and full of protein, antioxidants, and fiber if you choose the right granola! I love breakfast. Have you ever been stuck in a breakfast rut? What's your go-to wake-up food?

1 comment:

Katie Mar said...

that's a perfectly healthy addiction! :)
it looks delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...