06 December 2011

dream kitchens

Straying from our regularly scheduled programming for this very important message...

One word from my dear friend Ashley about Jammers, a Portland bakery classic, and I couldn't get this kitchen spotlight from thekitchn.com out of my head. Since falling in love with cooking and baking, and also since becoming more involved in the food blogging community I have an ever-growing dream of what my one-day kitchen will look like if I have any say in the matter. This Portland kitchen belonging to Piper Davis of Grand Central Bakery has many drool-worthy aspects to it: big farm-style sink, rustic and warm wood walls and ceiling, open shelving, amazing gas range, desk area at one end, and a huge marble counter just for baking. I'm in kitchen heaven.

 {photo courtesy of thekitchn}

My ideal kitchen will also have a large island, a chalkboard painted wall, and a big window with a built-in window seat on one side of the breakfast table. Oh, and one more very important thing... a DISHWASHER. I'm always adding photos to my files... knowing that when we're finally homeowners I will have to be very creative in making the space my own while staying within a budget. It will probably be a long time before I have my farm house sink and open shelving. For now I'm thankful for counter space, a lovely gas range, and my morning sun and cheery yellow walls, of course.


How about you? What's in your dream kitchen? What's in your kitchen NOW that makes it dreamy?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...