28 March 2012

individual microwave mug brownies

I've had chocolate craving attacks basically non-stop this week. Could be something to do with going back to work after a week off. Maybe. Could be repercussions of depriving myself of the stuff for the past two months. Maybe. Could be the 10 or so times I have flipped through my signed copy of the incredible Joy the Baker Cookbook that I had the pleasure of procuring from the delightful author herself last weekend. I really couldn't tell you. Pretty sure I don't have a bun in the oven, just in case you were wondering.


I can tell you that this is curing all ills. A mere five minutes after deciding I would get chocolate at all costs, I was digging into warm, gooey, deeply dark chocolatey goodness. This recipe may or may not become the devil sitting on my shoulder at all times, for now I know I am always a few stirs and pushes of a button away from all that is delicious in this world.


Mug brownies are everywhere right now but this version is gluten, dairy and egg free to suit my needs and refrigerator contents. You could easily use all-purpose flour, and the original called for brown sugar. Just say yes. Yes to the brownie.



Individual Microwave Mug Brownies (aka the easiest dessert ever)
{adapted from this recipe}

1/4 cup all-purpose GF flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder (yes, the original called for 2 Tbsp. yes, I accidentally put in 1/4 cup. yes, it was delicious and I don't regret it one bit and neither will you)
pinch salt

3 Tbsp canola oil
3 Tbsp non-dairy milk

Stir dry contents in a small bowl. Mix in wet ingredients until a thick paste forms. Spoon into one large microwaveable mug or ramekin or two small containers. Microwave for 1 minute, checking after 30 seconds, until brownie is spongy in the middle. Eat warm. Makes two small or one large brownie. Enjoy!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...